Thursday, July 3, 2014

Kraft Band Coming to America!

While I literally race to finish my Okinawa bucket list 
and shed all the excess weight from my household goods shipment 
(so I can make one more run to the 100 yen store)  ;)
I am taking this little breather to show you my latest creations.

Giant Baskets!
 
just kidding...sort of
You can see my first big basket above at my last craft sale.
When I got home from that event I finished this one which is like a Moses basket for a toddler.
They get bigger and bigger.
Here's a look at them all nestled.
and my collection of kraft band (or eco-band) to work with when I get settled in the US.
Can't forget the "tires" (hubby's term) of natural. Oh and the stripes!
Maybe I'll cut some strips and make more coasters on the plane.
Both these sets and 2 others have sold already plus 2 dozen individual coasters.
This one is the only one I have left. Probably because I just finished it.
(UPDATE:  It's now spoken for too.)
It was fun to come up with 2 new weaving patterns.

If you are in Okinawa next (school) year look up the Eco Weavers. 
They were such a great group of women.
Clearly they taught me a lot.
Thanks Ladies.
You are all awesome!

2 comments:

  1. Oh I love your baskets, they are beautiful. When do you leave Okinawa?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ginger - just wanted to let you know that you won a prize on my blog: http://www.silverparrotdesigns.blogspot.com/2014/07/8th-winner-announced.html

    Please email me with your mailing address and I'll get your package out to you.

    KJ

    ReplyDelete

Hey Thanks! I love hearing what you think.