Monday, January 23, 2012

My first Beading Babes project

I've jumped in with both feet this year.  Not only have I registered for the Bead Soup Party, but I found Karyn's Beading Babes challenge, and thought I'd give it a shot.  Check out this challenge at Releases by Rufydoof.  So I sat down with the two patterns and start pulling beads. Of course, I was missing something no matter how I tried to combine my choices.

I have a time finding specific beads here.  So I've learned to be resourceful.  Yes I order online, but it takes weeks to months for anything to arrive.  (Remember I live on an island in the south Pacific.) When all my regular sources don't provide useful I give up on it.   That's what I did this time.  Seems not long after I let it go things often fall into place.  That's exactly what happened here.  A sidewalk vendor and a sewing shop were where the components for this project appeared to me.  Here's what I've done so far.

Forgive the poor photo.  It's been dreary for days here.

1 comment:

  1. it is beautiful how did you do that?
    Tina

    ReplyDelete

Hey Thanks! I love hearing what you think.