Saturday, January 28, 2012

Crayons!

This week I had a bit of catching up to do with my volunteer positions so by Friday I had earned some "me time."  After seeing several versions of crayon art on pinterest recently I thought I'd give it a try.  All you need is:
canvas
crayons
glue gun
hairdryer
drop cloth
painter's tape (optional)
I added painters tape to keep a section white to spell out the word I wanted which required an Xacto knife to shape the tape.  The next step is to hot glue the crayons in the order choosen.  Then prop the canvas up with the drop cloth extending around every edge at least 6 inches.  Finally turn the hairdryer to the hottest setting and have fun.
I chose to do mine so the drips would appear to flow up when hung.

Tips:  1. make sure to pull any tape off before the crayons have had a chance to fully dry
2. you can remove a little of the color from the letters with an Xacto knife if your tape didn't hold
3. add painter's tape to the edges or you'll have lots of crayon built up on the top & bottom

1 comment:

Hey Thanks! I love hearing what you think.