Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Bead Soup

First let me apologize for my absence.  I've been visiting other blogs, and got carried away exploring.  I started looking for inspiration and along the way found motivation, compassion, dedication, resilience and so much more.  There are so many amazing people to learn from in this world and blogs are one way some are sharing their talents with the the rest of us.
Speaking of amazing blogs Lori Anderson of Pretty Things is one of the reason I've finally decided to join the world of blogging.  I ran across her Bead Soup Party over a year ago.  I thought the idea was so clever.  I registered for Lori's Bead Soup Party this time and then found out almost 400 like minded people wanted to be challenged by being matched with a partner to swap beads with.  With 200 people being chosen I had a 50/50 shot.  Honestly I was completely on the fence about which way I wanted it to go for me.  I'm a beginner & my hop scotching from one jewelry making method to another makes me a master of noneBut I jumped and, I'm a in!  When I got the email I was so excited and nervous I felt like my skin couldn't hold in all the emotions.
Martina Nagele's beadwork
 My partner, Martina Nagele, is absolutely fantastic.  She lives in Germany and is an awe-inspiring seed beader.  She's even teaching at the Bead & Button show this year.  Yep, I'm intimated, but totally star struck as well.  Check out more of her wonderful work here.  If you'll be in Milwaukee, WI the first week of June you might want to sign up here for one of her classes at the show.

To quote one of my dear friends, "I'm totally jazzed right now!"

1 comment:

  1. Nice blog.
    I totally get the being intimidated part!
    Good luck with your bead soup and I look forward to coming back to see what you created.

    ReplyDelete

Hey Thanks! I love hearing what you think.